Politics - 4th Edition (2013)
Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
Written from an international perspective, this book provides a comprehensive introduction to the nature, and study, of politics, encompassing topics as diverse as comparative government, political philosophy, global politics and political economy.
"Simply the best introductory guide for the subject available", Professor Jon Tonge, University of Liverpool.
"If you want to understand what politics is, and what it can do for you, I can think of no better starting point", Professor Gerry Stoker, University of Southampton.
Accompanying website: www.palgrave.com/foundations/heywood/index.asp
- What is Politics?
- Political Ideas and Ideologies
- Politics and the State
- Democracy and Legitimacy
- Nations and Nationalism
- Political Economy and Globalization
- Politics, Society and Identity
- Political Culture and the Media
- Representation, Elections and Voting
- Parties and Party Systems
- Groups, Interests and Movements
- Governments, Systems and Regimes
- Political Executives and Leadership
- Constitutions, Law and Judiciaries
- Public Policy and Bureaucracies
- Multilevel Politics
- Security, War and Peace
- World Order and Global Governance
- A Crisis in Politics?